Saturday, January 29, 2011

And so it begins....

So, after much anticipation, the Team in Training Spring 2011 season is officially kicked off! 


Today I headed over to downtown Oakland with numerous other excited people to hear more about what the next few months are going to be like. Let's just put it this way - with six days a week of training, split between swimming, biking and running, I am going to be a very busy (and hopefully in-shape!) girl by May 1, 2011.


Surprisingly though, I am more apprehensive about the fundraising again than I am about getting in a wetsuit and swimming in the San Francisco Bay. In March. Oi! 


As the season gets underway, I will be posting pictures and sharing stories of my team honorees, so you can understand why I will continue training and raising money for people suffering from blood and bone cancers until they find a cure..


If you would like to help in my journey, please find my donation site here: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/wildtri11/lmodenakur


If you are apprehensive about donating online, you can contact me at landonmodena@gmail.com and together we can come up with a solution! 


Thank you again for taking the time to follow my journey! I am really looking forward to the next few months. I hope you guys are too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment